Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Brain Asplode!

There is so much pre-E3 information flooding the news sites, it's getting difficult to catch up. With the advent of broadband and very good wifi networks the news gets to gamers faster every year.

So far I've checked out the Nintendo and Sony Presentations and things are looking promising for everyone based on what I've seen.

I've been to all but two E3 shows thus far, and this one is shaping up to be a pretty good one from what I see.

I will be at the show on Thursday, and will do my best to post about any particular standouts with me.

Already based on what i've seen I'm going to be a very busy boy trying to get through all of these games, and a very broke one trying to buy them all.

The past couple of years I've been really terrible about finishing games that I start, namely because I spend 90% of my playtime either playing MMOs or being overly critical of what I am playing. The one problem with having been a quality assurance analyst for so many years is that I see the matrix. Most players see the spoon, I see all of the stupid flaws and it drives me nuts. It takes a very good game to suspend my disbelieve long enough for me to really get into it.

I'm not sure whether or not it is appropriate for me to comment on the PS3 pricepoint. I guess the only thing I can say is, if you want to be on the bleeding edge of technology it's going to cut into your pocketbook. When I first heard the price of the 360 I thought it was pretty steep, but here I am playing my 360 pretty much daily, so it's only a matter of time before I cave and get the newer systems on the horizon.

I'm a gamer, I have to right?

No comments: