Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Digging Killzone 2

My broken PS3 adventure ended up leading me to buy a new one altogether after I weighed in all of the options. I'm not a big fan of having refurbished stuff, and I had read up that the newest gen machines were running cooler and quieter, so I just ended up buying one.

I've bought a couple of games since then, most notably Killzone 2, which I am having a great time, at least for the multiplayer stuff.

Being really involved in Pvp on my own shooter, it's really interesting to see how different companies deal with different problems that we universally share as designers.

I like how they seamlessly flow between game modes within one match for example, I think that's really neat. Some of those game modes I like better than others, but for the most part I have a really good time, and feel directed well enough to make a difference in a fight.

I'm not a big fan of having all of the good stuff locked securely away from me unless I have 20 or 30 hours to spend online though. I'm about halfway through the ranks at around 10 hours of play, though I probably could have done it faster if I didn't spend so much time analyzing the map flow and all that other good stuff that non designers don't care about.

I added my psn profile thing to my other random info things on the sidebar of this page in case anyone wants to play sometime. I made a relatively empty clan named -=the agency=-

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Designing games seems like it could be a lot of fun.

You got to be a techy to do it, or is it less hard than someone like me would think.

Cool blog, btw, though I would really consider giving advice about how to make it as a game designer if I were you. I'm guess there's a lot of people interested in that.