Friday, May 29, 2009

E3 is coming

This is my second E3 season living up in the Seattle area, so I will miss the show again, which still feels pretty weird to me. I lived in southern California for most of my adult life, which is pretty much a 15 years worth of my game career, so I always had access to these shows.

With that being said, I don't really know what I'm looking forward to, or hoping for at this year's E3. Of course, I'm hoping The Agency shows well, of which I am very confident based on what I've been playing the past couple of months, but I'm also interested to see what cool new shooters are coming down the pipe, and what the hot new MMOs are going to be.

I guess I always felt that the interim years where consoles are gaining their feet to be a bit on the boring side for the show. It's great when you see the consoles come into their own as the developers get stronger at squeezing every last bit of power out of them, but it's also fun to see the new consoles when the show up as well.

I still remember when they unveiled the N64, and that was probably the most exciting E3 that I can remember to date. It was such a huge deal to us, both as gamers and as developers. I remember getting the dev kits in the office and being so stoked about it.

That E3 also stands out as being a huge Pokemon year, and they had tons of that stuff around all over the place.

I'm glad they are bringing back the old E3 style, despite the fact that I didn't attend the new one last year. My friends who did work the show, were underwhelmed to say the least last year, and I was hoping they can bring it back to it's former glory. Here's to hoping at least!

Do you guys have any major releases that you are looking forward to?

No comments: