Sunday, March 06, 2011

The HPE gig is going well

Wow, I think about this blog several times a week, and that probably puts me in the mindset that I've updated it recently, and lo' and behold I haven't posted since I started my new job.

I really like my job at Hidden Path Entertainment so far. I still can't talk about my project though, because it hasn't be officially announced. It's only a matter of time though, the clock is definitely ticking!

When I first got involved with HPE I had a general idea that these guys were talented, and I was happy to be getting involved. Now that I've had time to work with them over the past 7 months or so I am happy to say that I've really lucked out.

The caliber of work being done here has been astonishing, and I feel nothing but pride and high hopes for what we are capable of doing. It just feels great to be pushing forward and getting something done, all without killing ourselves with overtime and getting praised all along the way.

At first I was brought on board with a specific task in mind, which I've been working on steadily, but I've also gotten to do level design work which I've seen go from my white box versions all the way to completion in the time I've been there. We aren't just talking one level, we are talking 3. It's been really cool. I just feel like things are getting done, and I love that feeling!

Anyways, this was a quick update to let everyone know how things are going. As soon as I'm allowed to talk about the project I'm working on, I'll write about it here. There is a certain stress level involved with working on something like this, and I'll explain how that came about and how I am coping with it.

No comments: