Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm Not So Legendary @ LoL

Over the past month or two, I've continually been logging back into League of Legends despite my lack of skill in it. I think that might be what I like about it the best. I understand what I'm supposed to do, I'm just not good at doing it yet. There are a ton of characters I need to learn in terms of how they attack and how to deal with them, all the while I have to learn my own characters and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I've been playing more and more with some co-workers and their friends, which has been fun and frustrating at the same time. I'm level 12 in the game and they are all level 28 and up. This means when we get matched against other players, I'm at a significant disadvantage in terms of runes and masteries. To be honest, I prefer playing this way, because I'm playing against people that I know are better than me. If I'm able to hold my own, I'm growing faster than I would if I were to play with people my own level. Anyways, I've been playing alot of this lately, but can't help but look forward to DOTA2 on the horizon. I don't know what the big differences will be between the two yet, but knowing Valve and their processes alot better now, I am sure I know which game will come out on top at the end of this.

3 comments:

NBarnes said...

Having gotten into MOBAs via DotA, I had a lot of interest in DOTA 2 when it was announced. But to be honest, some of that interest has been waning. DOTA 2 is keeping the game pacing of DotA, which means 45-70 minute games instead of the usual 20-45 minute games of LoL. And, honestly, DOTA 2's fanbase looks like it's going to keep the dynamics of DotA's; i.e. even worse than LoL's, though that may seem impossible.

Steve Kramer (a.k.a. Saavedra) said...

I haven't played DOTA2 yet, but that wouldn't surprise me that they want to keep the current DOTA community happy, at least based on my own interactions with Valve. Maybe there will be room for both games on everyone's computers when it comes down to it.

bubblegum casting said...

very nice man