Monday, November 13, 2006

I've been a little busy since that last post

I feel kind of bad about getting this devgamer blog started and not keeping up with it. I mostly blame it on the fact that I've been working on the Echoes of Faydwer expansion.

For those who want to know what I worked on in regards to the expansion, I did the following:

1. I populated the Mistmoore Catacombs, itemized it, added quests to it, and went through several iterations of the zone geometry before I could settle on creature placement and pathing.

2. I wrote and implemented the entire Rallos Zek deity quest line. This was an adventure because I had to do quite a bit of scripting for this thing, which I am not entirely stellar at.

3. I wrote and implemented the Flowing Cape of the Dark Lord signature quest line.

4. I wrote and implemented the Eitholi Blade of the Fae signature quest line.

5. I did Nursery starting Fae newbie population.

All of this content is fine and dandy to keep a grown designer nice and busy, but to top it all off I did something else crazy during the development of EOF.

I got engaged, planned a wedding, and got married. In fact, I just got married on October 21st, so I had to get all of my work done well before that date (which didn't happen, I needed the help of Jason Huck aka Ear Locust to do the last of my items for me) go and a honeymoon, come back to work 2 weeks before launch and get this sucker outta here.

Sorry I haven't had time to post. =)

I do have things on my mind so here comes some more.

2 comments:

Nick McLaren said...

Well hey man! Let me be the first blogger to say congrats on getting married! That's fantastic! =)

I'm looking forward to getting a new Fae started on live myself and having some fun! So I'll be able to check out SOME of the fruits of your labor, but sadly, I think Mistmoore is quite a ways off for me (even my main char is only L28, and I created him on launch day! Hey, I'm busy too! LOL!)

Anyways, things will calm down really soon then you can breathe and really take the time to ENJOY life a bit without juggling thirty things.. at least, until the next crunch season! =)

Greenion said...

congrats on your marriage Saavedra...i missed this post of yours announcing it.

alot of people are a bit cynical on the subject of marriage, i am not. likely because of the very wonderful woman whom for some reason beyond my comprehension found it in her heart to enhance the rest of my life with her companionship, as well as gifting me with two beautiful children.

really truly congradulations and please extend this to your wife from both my wife an i.

so....when can we expect the pitter patter of little dev feets hmmm? hehehz.

take care guy.

Long Live the Leaf!!!

Greenion.